An outstanding choice for school groups the Vallnord area encompasses almost 100km of high-altitude skiing across two very different ski resorts – Arinsal and Arcalis. Like many resorts in the Pyrenees, Vallnord has benefitted from recent investment and modernisation.
This great value ski domain gives a great choice of resort bases for schools. The village of La Massana has a peaceful atmosphere and, with the town of Arinsal, both settings put the lift-linked ski areas of Pal and Arinsal on your doorstep. The city’s old town is characterised by old stone streets and the town square offers stunning view of the Valley of Andorra below, not to mention hosting a series of events throughout the year.
Schools love the sense of freedom here, and the gentle slopes give a perfect introduction to new skiers. Local investments mean the lifts are modern and efficient. After a day on the hill, the swimming pool, bowling alley and tax-free shops of Andorra la Vella are an easy drive away, or our team is at the ready with in-house quizzes and team games.
Magic-carpet lifts carry first-timers to the nursery slopes, where Vallnord’s friendly instructors can start them off with the basics of stopping, turning and speed control. Gentle tree-lined slopes are great for guiding your pupils back down the mountain, while the wide open faces give them plenty of room for perfecting their turns.
More able skiers can learn new skills and remind themselves of the basics on Pal’s network of greens and blues before progressing to the higher altitude reds or linking across to the sunny slopes of Arinsal.
Km of piste
Direction of slopes
Mostly North & East
No of lifts
No of runs
20 42 31 25
Access to Pal and Arinsal. Arcalis area added at supplement with additional 30km
Doctor in resort
3.5 hours from Barcelona and Toulouse, 16.5 hours from Calais
Hotel La Planada
- Beautiful small hotel with stunning mountain views
- Close to the commercial centre of Le Vella
A lovely small hotel with wonderful facilities for groups. There is also a seasonal outdoor pool.
Location: Ski resorts are located 200 metres from the bus stop. The commercial centre of La Vella is just 8k from the hotel.
Facilities: Each room at this hotel has a flat-screen TV and games room. Other facilities include a seasonal outdoor pool.
Accommodation: 39 rooms all with a private bathroom and hairdryer.
Hotel Marco Polo
- Excellent in-house facilities
- Comfortable, modern rooms
A large hotel just 500m from the main lift to Pal, and situated in one of the more lively villages in the area.
Location: In the centre of La Massana village, close to shops and amenities, and just 500m from the main lift to the slopes at La Caubella.
Facilities:Spacious games room with pool table and arcade games, TV room, bar, large restaurant and an Internet station. Ski lockers are also provided.
Accommodation: Modern bedrooms sleep 2 - 4 students, each with private shower and WC, plus hairdryers. Rooms also have satellite TV and a safe.
Meals: All-you-can-eat buffet breakfast & three course evening meal. A hot buffet lunch is provided on the mountain.
- Communal areas for excellent evening entertainment
- 200 metres from Arinsal’s ski slopes
Hotel Vita is a family friendly hotel with 92 fully renovated guest rooms located just a short walk from the cable car.
Location: The Hotel is located in the centre of Arinsal, at the foot of Vallnord ski resort, with quick access (just 9 km) to the centre of Andorra la Vella
Facilities:Fitness centre with heated swimming pool, sauna, hammam, conference room which can be used for quiz nights etc, disco, a games room with billiard table and satellite TV and a free storage room.
Accommodation: Functional multi-bedded rooms all featuring en-suite facilities.
Meals: Restaurant buffet for up to 220 people and lunch on the mountain.
- Tax-Free Shopping
Europe Price Package:
- Return travel by air or coach
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air
- Or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
Includes full-board accommodation, lift pass, 5 or 6 days ski tuition, skis boots, poles and helmet, dedicated resort representative service, fully comprehensive travel insurance and 24 hour emergency service.
The Equity Ski Europe package in detail:
- Return travel by Air or Coach (Air packages include coach to airport from school and overseas coach transfers)
- All security charges, airport and local taxes
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
- Full-board accommodation
- Dedicated resort representative service
- Evening entertainment programme (optional)
- Full use of your coach in resort (coach groups only and subject to EU drivers hours regulations)
Ski Pack Inclusions...
- Lift-pass. Supplements are payable for extension areas in some resorts
- 5 or 6 days of ski tuition (minimum 4 hours per day. Additional tuition is available for a supplement)
- Skis, boots and poles
- 24 hour emergency service
- All travel documentation, luggage labels and resort information
- Personalised customer service throughout from your knowledgeable tour coordinator
Fully comprehensive travel insurance (optional) includes:
- Ski breakage insurance
- Snow guarantee insurance
- Travel delay assistance
Extras to budget for...
- Evening entertainments
Perfect for beginners with beautiful tree lined runs and a traditional feel.
Sam, Equity Ski Specialist