Located in Voss, in the fjord region, Myrkdalen is the largest ski resort in Western Norway. Whilst not large by Alps standards, it is perfect for beginners with a specialist nursery area separated from the main ski slopes and wide open pistes. It also offers varied terrain for intermediates.
The resort is compact so amenities and slopes are easily accessible. The pistes are rarely crowded, except on weekends, so a Sunday to Friday stay is perfect for groups to take advantage of the quiet wide runs. The ski school have a fantastic reputation and all instructors are passionate snow lovers, so expect swift progress.
Myrkdalen is only 2 hours transfer from Bergen and the locals speak excellent English. Norwegians tend to take their children skiing from an early age, so the resorts caters well for younger skiers and is super friendly. Myrkdalen is one of the most snow sure resorts with more snowfall than almost anywhere else in Europe. It is therefore an excellent choice for early or late season. The UNESCO listed Nærøyfjord is only 45 minutes from Myrkdalen, so groups can extend their stay to experience this stunning fjord landscape, with the potential to include the world famous Flåm railway.
Myrkdalen Image Gallery
The Myrkdalen Hotel is literally at the base of the ski slopes, so access to the nursery area and lift system couldn’t be easier. It is a fantastic choice for beginners with wide open runs and as the locals only tend to ski at weekends, slopes are usually quiet Monday to Friday. Whilst the area for advanced skiers is not vast, there are a few challenging runs, plus terrain parks and accompanied off-piste options.
- Ski-in, ski-out
- Excellent quality hotel rooms
This modern, comfortable purpose-built Myrkdalen hotel has 112 rooms, with design inspired by the natural surroundings. The hotel has spacious public areas.
Capacity: 112 rooms/375 beds
Location: At the base of resort, close to ski school and ski-hire shop..
Facilities: The hotel offers 3 restaurants, a bar, as well as meeting rooms and free Wi-Fi.
Accommodation: Comfortable bedrooms, sleeping 2-4 people. All rooms have private facilities and TV.
Meals: Full Board. Hot and cold breakfast buffet, hot lunch & dinner (served as a buffet).
- Quiz Night
- Disco party
- Night skiing
- Swimming (in Voss)
- Snow shoeing
Europe Price Package:
All Equity packages are tailor-made to suit the needs of our groups. Here are our standard package inclusions:
- Return travel by air or coach
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air
- Or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
Includes full-board accommodation, lift pass, 5 or 6 days ski tuition, skis boots, poles and helmet, dedicated resort representative service, fully comprehensive travel insurance and 24 hour emergency service.
The Equity Ski Europe package in detail:
- Return travel by Air or Coach (Air packages include overseas airport transfer. Coach to UK airport from school is available as an optional extra.)
- All security charges, airport and local taxes
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
- Full-board accommodation
- Dedicated resort representative service
- Evening entertainment programme (optional)
- Full use of your coach in resort (coach groups only and subject to EU drivers hours regulations)
Ski Pack Inclusions...
- Lift-pass. Supplements are payable for extension areas in some resorts
- 5 or 6 days of ski tuition (minimum 4 hours per day. Additional tuition is available for a supplement)
- Skis, boots and poles
- 24 hour emergency service
- All travel documentation, luggage labels and resort information
- Personalised customer service throughout from your knowledgeable tour coordinator
Fully comprehensive travel insurance (optional) includes:
- Ski breakage insurance
- Snow guarantee insurance
- Travel delay assistance
Extras to budget for...
- Evening entertainments