Here in sunny southern Carinthia, Bad Kleinkirchheim’s stunning setting in the Nockenberg mountains will have your group reaching for their cameras. ‘BKK’ as it’s known – is a historic spa resort that’s been popular since Roman times, giving your students the chance to add natural thermal baths to their list of life experiences.
Sitting close to the Italian border, BKK has a cosmopolitan feel that’s popular with our groups, and its wooded ski area spans two mountains. State-of-the-art snow cannons keep BKK’s pistes in peak condition. You can expect a great choice of après-ski activities, with everything from curling and bowling to pizza nights to make this a truly memorable ski trip.
Beginners are well-looked after, with village-level novice areas and sunny, snow-sure meadows for mastering the basics on before they’re ready for the wide blues.
With 75% of the slopes graded as red, the intermediates in your group can conquer their fears on the steeps and will be skiing like pros by the end of the week, while experienced skiers looking for an adrenalin rush can build up to the Franz Klammer downhill – a legendary local run designed by the Olympic champ himself.
Km of piste
Direction of slopes
North and East
No of lifts
Yes. €5 deposit added to your invoice, refunded in the UK
No of runs
18 77 8
Yes, 97% covered
BKK and St. Oswald
Doctor in BKK and Millstatt, Hospital in Spittal
16 hours to resort from Calais
2.5 hours to resort from Salzburg
- Excellent food served in large, airy dining room
- All rooms with private facilities
This well-furnished family-run hotel serves fantastic food and is perfect for groups seeking sole-occupancy.
Location: This charming hotel situated in Afritz am See is just 25 minutes by coach to the slopes.
Facilities: The ground floor is comprised of a large dining room, bar and a small TV room with comfy chairs. There is also a heated boot room. Curling can be arranged in the hotel grounds, weather permitting.
Accommodation: The bedrooms all have satellite TV and en-suite shower rooms with WC.
Meals: Groups will enjoy a buffet breakfast, packed lunch and a three course evening meal.
- All rooms with private facilities
- Family run hotel
This traditional Austrian style hotel is an ideal choice for groups who prefer sole occupancy accommodation. The Thurnerhof has been run for generations by the friendly Scherzer family who have a wealth of experience in welcoming school groups.
Location: Located just outside Feld am See, with the BKK skiing area a 15 minute drive away by coach.
Facilities: The hotel has a spacious dining room which can be used for evening activities and a cosy lounge area with open fireplace. There is also a sauna/solarium reserved for teachers.
Accommodation: There are ten bedrooms which sleep between 2 - 5 students and 6 apartment style rooms consisting of two separate bedrooms accommodating 3 - 4 students. All rooms have a shower, WC and TV.
Meals: Buffet breakfast, packed lunch & three course evening meal.
- In-house entertainment
- Ski Race and Presentation
- Ice hockey match
Europe Price Package:
- Return travel by air or coach
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air
- Or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
Includes full-board accommodation, lift pass, 5 or 6 days ski tuition, skis boots, poles and helmet, dedicated resort representative service, fully comprehensive travel insurance and 24 hour emergency service.
The Equity Ski Europe package in detail:
- Return travel by Air or Coach (Air packages include coach to airport from school and overseas coach transfers)
- All security charges, airport and local taxes
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
- Full-board accommodation
- Dedicated resort representative service
- Evening entertainment programme (optional)
- Full use of your coach in resort (coach groups only and subject to EU drivers hours regulations)
Ski Pack Inclusions...
- Lift-pass. Supplements are payable for extension areas in some resorts
- 5 or 6 days of ski tuition (minimum 4 hours per day. Additional tuition is available for a supplement)
- Skis, boots and poles
- 24 hour emergency service
- All travel documentation, luggage labels and resort information
- Personalised customer service throughout from your knowledgeable tour coordinator
Fully comprehensive travel insurance (optional) includes:
- Ski breakage insurance
- Snow guarantee insurance
- Travel delay assistance
Extras to budget for...
- Evening entertainments
The ‘Bad’ in Bad Kleinkirchheim stands for ‘bath’ and is used for resorts with mineral rich water or hot springs.