Groups have direct access to 190km of skiing, accessed by 48 ski lifts. Speiereck/Grosseck is excellent for beginners and a great starting point for experienced skiers wanting to find their ski-legs. Katschberg/Aineck has a varied range of mixed terrain suitable for all abilities, whilst Fanningberg (a 25 minute drive from our hotel) offers the most challenging piste. Due to the rural location of the resorts the slopes here are never over-crowded, even during peak weeks, meaning no queues for lifts and plenty of space on the slopes for you to enjoy.
The St Michael area has many evening entertainments, including a disco, swimming pool and bowling alley to name but a few. Nearby Tamsweg is a picturesque village to explore on foot with a traditional central square.
With direct access to the Speiereck/Grosseck ski area, beginners don’t have to trudge their ski gear far. The good balance of blues and reds makes this an equally good spot for experienced skiers to warm up in before they venture across to the mixed terrain at Katschberg/Aineck. Here, you have access to two peaks and a sophisticated lift network.
Km of piste
Direction of slopes
Mainly North and South
No of lifts
Yes, €3 added to invoice and refunded in UK
No of runs
78km 51km 21km
100% of pistes covered
Several doctors in resort, hospital in Tamswegpittal
Approx 15 hours from Calais
1.5 hours from Salzburg
Hotel Zum Weissenstein
- High standard accommodation
- Fantastic communal areas
The excellent Zum Weissenstein is a typical, traditional Austrian hotel with a good location close to the centre of the village.
Location: Situated on the edge of St Michael village, the Zum Weissenstein is 100m from the new gondola “Sonnenbahn” and also within walking distance of the lifts, around 7 minutes away.
Facilities: The hotel has a large relaxation area, conservatory and bar with wonderful views across the valley.
Accommodation: All the bedrooms are spacious and nicely decorated in a traditional style, and include en-suite facilities.
Meals: Buffet breakfast, packed lunch & three course evening meal.
- High standard accommodation with good in-house facilities
- Located in the village centre
The well-appointed Pension Kandolf is a popular hotel, offering a good standard of accommodation in a pretty village centre location, and allows flexibility by offering groups the chance to ski either Obertauern or Lungau.
Location: The hotel is conveniently located just off the main square in Tamsweg nearby the town's amenities.
Facilities: The hotel offers good facilities including a wellness area with sauna, and a jacuzzi.
Accommodation: Fantastic hotel with a large dining room and a function room in the cellar which can be used in the evenings for quiz, disco etc.
Meals: Buffet breakfast, packed lunch, evening meal.
- In-house entertainment
- Ski Race and Presentation
Europe Price Package:
All Equity packages are tailor-made to suit the needs of our groups. Here are our standard package inclusions:
- Return travel by air or coach
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air
- Or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
Includes full-board accommodation, lift pass, 5 or 6 days ski tuition, skis boots, poles and helmet, dedicated resort representative service, fully comprehensive travel insurance and 24 hour emergency service.
The Equity Ski Europe package in detail:
- Return travel by Air or Coach (Air packages include coach to airport from school and overseas coach transfers.)
- All security charges, airport and local taxes
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
- Full-board accommodation
- Dedicated resort representative service
- Evening entertainment programme (optional)
- Full use of your coach in resort (coach groups only and subject to EU drivers hours regulations)
Ski Pack Inclusions...
- Lift-pass. Supplements are payable for extension areas in some resorts
- 5 or 6 days of ski tuition (minimum 4 hours per day. Additional tuition is available for a supplement)
- Skis, boots and poles
- 24 hour emergency service
- All travel documentation, luggage labels and resort information
- Personalised customer service throughout from your knowledgeable tour coordinator
Fully comprehensive travel insurance (optional) includes:
- Ski breakage insurance
- Snow guarantee insurance
- Travel delay assistance
Extras to budget for...
- Evening entertainments
Stayed as part of a secondary school trip with a load of kids, and must say it was an ideal hotel / resort. The hotel is about 200 meters from the chair lifts and drag lift. It is possible to ski back to the hotel.
Source: TripAdvisor review, January 2016