Set in the heart of Hohe Tauern National Park, this well-kept secret gives you access to some of the highest skiing in Austria. At the base of the Ankogelbahn lift in Mallnitz is where you’ll spend most of your week and, just a few kilometres away, students also have the opportunity to visit the Mölltal Glacier, which has some of Austria’s sunniest and most snow-sure skiing. Mallnitz & Mölltal are separate ski areas giving our groups even more from one trip
After a fun-packed day enjoy the pool, ice-skate across the local rink and try the traditional sport of curling. For evenings in, your team could be competing in quizzes or enjoying their favourite toppings at Pizza Night.
Novices can start local, with village-level beginner runs in the Mallnitz ski area. With the basics established, the top of the mountain is next to be conquered before riding the world’s longest underground funicular, the Glacier Express, to reach snow-sure blues on the Mölltal Glacier.
Intermediate and expert skiers can ride the six-seater gondola up to 2,600m, or take the lifts even higher to 3,107m, where confident individuals have stacks of reds to perfect their technique on, plus challenging blacks to aim for.
Km of piste
Direction of slopes
Mainly North and South
No of lifts
Yes. €5 deposit added to your invoice, refunded in the UK
No of runs
6km 10km 8km
Mallnitz and Mölltal Glacier
Doctor in resort, hospitals in Spittal and Schwarzach
Approx 17 hours from Calais
- Village centre location
- Free WiFi
A charming hotel located in the village centre of Mallnitz, just a short coach transfer from the ski slopes and offering a comfortable standard of accommodation.
Location: In the centre of Mallnitz village, 50m from the nearest bus stop and close to local shops and amenities.
Facilities: The hotel features a large restaurant and a bar, and has free Wi-Fi throughout the building.
Accommodation: Students are accommodated in newly renovated multi-bedded rooms sleeping from 2 – 8 people, adults are accommodated in twin or triple rooms. All rooms feature private bathrooms and TVs.
Meals: Continental buffet breakfast and hot buffet dinner are served in the hotel. Groups take a hot lunch on the mountain in Ankogel and a packed lunch if they wish to ski the glacier.
- Sole-occupancy, family-run hotel
- Good on-site facilities
The Prenn is just 20km from the Mölltall glacier skiing, and offers a comfortable level of accommodation with good facilities.
Location: The hotel is situated on the outskirts of Stall, around 400m from the local shops and cafés. The skiing at the Mölltall glacier is around 20-25 minutes by coach.
Facilities: The hotel has Internet access, plus on-site ski rental facilities. Two rooms are used for breakfast and dinner, and there is also a small bar.
Accommodation: Pupils are accommodated in multi-bedded rooms sleeping from 2 – 8 people, staff in twin or triple rooms. All rooms feature private bathrooms and some have TVs.
Meals: Continental buffet breakfast, hot lunches on the mountain when skiing Ankogel, packed lunch when skiing glacier and a three course evening meal.
- In-house entertainment
- Ski Race and Presentation
Europe Price Package:
All Equity packages are tailor-made to suit the needs of our groups. Here are our standard package inclusions:
- Return travel by air or coach
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air
- Or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
Includes full-board accommodation, lift pass, 5 or 6 days ski tuition, skis boots, poles and helmet, dedicated resort representative service, fully comprehensive travel insurance and 24 hour emergency service.
The Equity Ski Europe package in detail:
- Return travel by Air or Coach (Air packages include overseas airport transfer. Coach to UK airport from school is available as an optional extra.)
- All security charges, airport and local taxes
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
- Full-board accommodation
- Dedicated resort representative service
- Evening entertainment programme (optional)
- Full use of your coach in resort (coach groups only and subject to EU drivers hours regulations)
Ski Pack Inclusions...
- Lift-pass. Supplements are payable for extension areas in some resorts
- 5 or 6 days of ski tuition (minimum 4 hours per day. Additional tuition is available for a supplement)
- Skis, boots and poles
- 24 hour emergency service
- All travel documentation, luggage labels and resort information
- Personalised customer service throughout from your knowledgeable tour coordinator
Fully comprehensive travel insurance (optional) includes:
- Ski breakage insurance
- Snow guarantee insurance
- Travel delay assistance
Extras to budget for...
- Evening entertainments
A trip to Mallnitz allows students to ride the world’s longest underground funicular where they can discover fantastic snow-sure skiing on the Mölltal Glacier.
Jonny, Equity Ski Manager