Give your students a taste of the high Alps by bringing them to one of the highest resorts in Austria. Easy piste access makes mornings run smoothly and the views across the Tauern Mountains are simply stunning. Your students can get equally excited about the après activities, including bowling, floodlit skiing, a large indoor sports centre with tennis and squash amongst its facilities, sleigh rides and plenty of shops and restaurants.
Obertauern is a purpose-built resort sitting in a breathtaking position high in a mountain pass. The lift system fans out from a central point, creating a circuit route to guide your group around the ski area. Progression tends to be fast, with 96km of beginner and intermediate pistes for them to practice on.
Gentle novice slopes give an easy introduction for learners, while the range of reds in the wider ski area create the perfect playground for intermediates. But Obertauern’s real trump card is its unique ski circuit, which leads you around the ski area.
Wherever you ski, you’ll be surrounded by spectacular scenery and, when each ski day draws to a close, the runs back to the village are fantastic.
Km of piste
Direction of slopes
North and South
No of lifts
Yes. €2 deposit per person added to your invoice and refunded in the UK
No of runs
60 36 4
Whole area - Tauemrunde Pass
Doctor in resort, Hospital in Tamsweg 30km
16 hours to Resort from Calais
- Excellent in-house facilities
- 3km to the nearest lifts
This popular and sought after Gästehaus is set in a quiet rural location and offers a good standard of accommodation together with a wide range of excellent in-house facilities for groups.
Location: The Felseralm is around 3km to the nearest ski-lift and a further 1km to the centre of Obertauern village.
Facilities:The Gästehaus has two attractive dining rooms, a separate teachers’ stüberl, bar area, kiosk, reading room and a TV/ video room. Other facilities include an indoor sports hall, a new 2 lane bowling alley, table football, and a large activity room suitable for evening activities such as discos. A sauna for adults is available at a supplement, which is payable locally.
Accommodation: Bedrooms sleep 4 - 6 pupils all have shower and WC. The hotel can be loosely sub-divided into self-contained sections for ease of supervision.
Meals: Buffet breakfast, packed lunch & three course evening meal.
- Sleigh rides
- Ice hockey match
- In-house entertainment
- Ski Race and Presentation
Europe Price Package:
- Return travel by air or coach
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air
- Or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
Includes full-board accommodation, lift pass, 5 or 6 days ski tuition, skis boots, poles and helmet, dedicated resort representative service, fully comprehensive travel insurance and 24 hour emergency service.
The Equity Ski Europe package in detail:
- Return travel by Air or Coach (Air packages include coach to airport from school and overseas coach transfers)
- All security charges, airport and local taxes
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
- Full-board accommodation
- Dedicated resort representative service
- Evening entertainment programme (optional)
- Full use of your coach in resort (coach groups only and subject to EU drivers hours regulations)
Ski Pack Inclusions...
- Lift-pass. Supplements are payable for extension areas in some resorts
- 5 or 6 days of ski tuition (minimum 4 hours per day. Additional tuition is available for a supplement)
- Skis, boots and poles
- 24 hour emergency service
- All travel documentation, luggage labels and resort information
- Personalised customer service throughout from your knowledgeable tour coordinator
Fully comprehensive travel insurance (optional) includes:
- Ski breakage insurance
- Snow guarantee insurance
- Travel delay assistance
Extras to budget for...
- Evening entertainments
We had a great holiday. We had great pre-travel contact with Equity (Dan, Yolanda & Lorna) a great rep and the best drivers ever.
Source: TripAdvisor review, January 2016