Set beside a magical frozen lake and surrounded by frosted peaks, this historic town is rated highly by our school groups for its stunning location and spectacular ski terrain. The skiing is split across three mountains, with quality snow cover all season long and access to high altitude snow fields on the glacier at Kaprun.
Traffic-free, the 13th century centre buzzes with life and, after a full day on piste, your group can make a splash in the indoor fun pool, show off their skills on the ice-rink or watch the local major-league ice hockey team in action. If worn out skiers would rather rest their bones, we’ll take them to the local ‘Konditorei’ for après hot chocolate and cakes.
It’s straight to the Schüttdorf nursery slopes for beginners to learn the basics before trying out the higher altitude blues. The rest of the group can get into the swing of things on the wide runs at the top of the mountain before tackling the ridge-line reds.
Towards the end of the week, confident skiers can challenge themselves on exciting blacks, which give breathtaking views of the lake beneath.
Km of piste
Zell am See & Kaprun: 118km
Direction of slopes
No of lifts
28 / 55
Yes. €2 deposit per person
No of runs
40km 50km 28km
2000 m / 3029 m
Yes, 90% covered
Zell Am See, Kaprun area at a supplement
Several doctors and hospitals in resort
Approx 16 hours from Calais
- Superb in-house facilities
- Walking distance to slopes
This is one of only a few school hotel properties offering direct access to the Zell am See ski circuit. Owned and managed by the friendly Pecile family, the accommodation is specifically designed for youth groups.
Location: Situated in Schüttdorf, around 6 minutes walk from the Areitbahn gondola taking you to the upper slopes of the Schmittenhöhe. Zell am See town centre is around 3km away.
Facilities: The facilities are unrivalled and include a squash court, sports hall, bowling alleys (small fee payable locally), cinema, large gym, table tennis room with pool tables, disco/pizzeria bar, stüberl and teachers’ sauna.
If that wasn’t enough 2 beach volleyball courts, 6 indoor trampolines and a boulder park were completed for the 2012/13 season.
Accommodation: Pupils are accommodated in functional rooms, mostly sleeping 4-6 students. Teachers are provided with twin rooms. With the exception of two rooms which use private bathrooms located across the corridor, all rooms have private, en-suite facilities. Groups also, where possible, have a floor allocated to them with a separate common room with TV/video.
Meals: Buffet breakfast, packed lunch & three course evening meal.
- Ice Hockey
- Tyrolean Evening
- In-house entertainment
- Ski Race and Presentation
Europe Price Package:
- Return travel by air or coach
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air
- Or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
Includes full-board accommodation, lift pass, 5 or 6 days ski tuition, skis boots, poles and helmet, dedicated resort representative service, fully comprehensive travel insurance and 24 hour emergency service.
The Equity Ski Europe package in detail:
- Return travel by Air or Coach (Air packages include coach to airport from school and overseas coach transfers)
- All security charges, airport and local taxes
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
- Full-board accommodation
- Dedicated resort representative service
- Evening entertainment programme (optional)
- Full use of your coach in resort (coach groups only and subject to EU drivers hours regulations)
Ski Pack Inclusions...
- Lift-pass. Supplements are payable for extension areas in some resorts
- 5 or 6 days of ski tuition (minimum 4 hours per day. Additional tuition is available for a supplement)
- Skis, boots and poles
- 24 hour emergency service
- All travel documentation, luggage labels and resort information
- Personalised customer service throughout from your knowledgeable tour coordinator
Fully comprehensive travel insurance (optional) includes:
- Ski breakage insurance
- Snow guarantee insurance
- Travel delay assistance
Extras to budget for...
- Evening entertainments
Excellent support in lead up to the trip
Source: Party Leader