La Plagne is at the hub of the Paradiski ski circuit, one of Europe’s largest interlinked ski areas offering 425km of skiing. Two is the magic number in Paradiski – the ski area covers La Plagne and the neighbouring resort of Les Arcs, features two glaciers, two doubledecker cable cars each carrying over 200 people and a vertical drop of 2km!
In addition to the huge variety on offer, La Plagne has an excellent snow record and varied evening entertainments, making it a popular choice for British schools. Plagne Centre and Belle Plagne are the main resort hubs, each providing a wide choice of lifts to explore further afield and access the surrounding satellite villages. At night groups can access the activities on offer across the resort. Plagne Centre is accessible on the free resort shuttle, whilst a gondola runs to Plagne Bellecote until 1am.
Plagne Centre and Belle Plagne are the main resort hubs, each providing a wide choice of lifts to explore further afield and access the surrounding satellite villages.
Just 50m from our accommodation is the ski school meeting point, nursery slopes and a choice of lifts providing direct access to either Plagne Centre or Aime La Plagne, or you can follow the forested runs down to Plagne Montalbert.
Belle Plagne also provides direct access to the Bellecote glacier, the highest point in resort at 3,250m, and Montchavin, the lowest at 1,250m. Intermediates and advanced skiers have an unrivalled choice of runs, above and below the tree-line, from long, gentle cruisers to steep and challenging blacks.
Km of piste
Direction of slopes
Mainly North and Northwest
No of lifts
Yes. €3 deposit
No of runs
9 69 33 19
359 snow cannons
Doctor in resort, hospital in
Bourg Saint Maurice
Approx 3 hours from Grenoble
Approx 3.5 hours from Geneva
Approx 13 hours from Calais
Hotel Les Rhododendrons
- Great location close to lifts and slopes
- Good in-house facilities
The Rhododendrons is a modern, chalet-style hotel, and an ideal choice for school groups, offering excellent facilities and direct access to the slopes.
Location: Situated in the heart of Plagne 1800, guests simply cross the road to reach the ski-school meeting point, whilst lifts are 250m away. A free ski-bus provides a link with the other resort villages.
Facilities: The hotel bar features an open fireplace, whilst other communal areas include a dance studio on the top floor, and two meeting rooms featuring a pool table, TV/DVD and classroom facilities. The ski lockers have heated boot storage and direct access to outside.
Accommodation: 42 bedrooms sleep 2-4 people and are all equipped with private facilities and TV. Bedrooms are simply but comfortably decorated with pine throughout.
Meals: Breakfast and dinner are served in the restaurant, which has views across resort. Groups can choose from either a hot or packed lunch.
Europe Price Package:
All Equity packages are tailor-made to suit the needs of our groups. Here are our standard package inclusions:
- Return travel by air or coach
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air
- Or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
Includes full-board accommodation, lift pass, 5 or 6 days ski tuition, skis boots, poles and helmet, dedicated resort representative service, fully comprehensive travel insurance and 24 hour emergency service.
The Equity Ski Europe package in detail:
- Return travel by Air or Coach (Air packages include overseas airport transfer. Coach to UK airport from school is available as an optional extra.)
- All security charges, airport and local taxes
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
- Full-board accommodation
- Dedicated resort representative service
- Evening entertainment programme (optional)
- Full use of your coach in resort (coach groups only and subject to EU drivers hours regulations)
Ski Pack Inclusions...
- Lift-pass. Supplements are payable for extension areas in some resorts
- 5 or 6 days of ski tuition (minimum 4 hours per day. Additional tuition is available for a supplement)
- Skis, boots and poles
- 24 hour emergency service
- All travel documentation, luggage labels and resort information
- Personalised customer service throughout from your knowledgeable tour coordinator
Fully comprehensive travel insurance (optional) includes:
- Ski breakage insurance
- Snow guarantee insurance
- Travel delay assistance
Extras to budget for...
- Evening entertainments
La Plagne is a mega-resort; there was lots to do and see, and miles of pistes to explore.
Source: Mr D Brady, Party Leader