Fair weather skiers love Les Orres, thanks to its Southern Alps setting and snow-sure skiing up to 2730 metres. Surrounded by larch forest and with views of the Durance and the Serre-Poncon lakes, this pretty village is quick to win school groups over – we first visited in 1985 and have been coming back ever since!
Compact and safe, Les Orres 1650 is the original village, with the more modern 1800 station added in 2008. Easy piste access in both settings helps to get everyone on and off the slopes smoothly and, with everything on hand, our groups love the convenience of this resort. Once your students have kicked off their ski boots, they can skate across the ice-rink or head to the bowling alley.
First-timers can settle their nerves on the first-rate nursery runs which slope towards the village, before progressing to the gentle greens and wide blues above the resort. Intermediate and advanced groups love the long winding runs through the trees, as well as the higher altitude reds leading from the Petit Vallon.
Confident skiers can take on the challenge of the Grande Cabane trail – a 4km piste, and fans of steeps can feel the burn on the L’Horrible black run.
Km of piste
Direction of slopes
No of lifts
Yes. €3 deposit
No of runs
7 6 20 4
Doctor in resort, hospital
in Embrun (12km).
Approx 3.5 hours from Grenoble
Approx 15 hours from Calais
- Hot lunches in hotel
- On-site ski hire
This is a great choice for groups who don’t want to waste any skiing time travelling to the slopes. Situated right in the centre of this purpose-built resort the Ancolie certainly offers convenient doorstep skiing.
Capacity: 85 approx.
Location: A family run property ideally located within the main resort complex building with a total capacity of around 100 people.
Facilities:The hotel has its own large bar area and another separate dining area where groups will enjoy typical French cuisine. There is also a sun terrace overlooking the slopes.
Accommodation: There are 23 bedrooms all with the benefit of private facilities. They accommodate between 3-6 students per room with twin and double rooms available for party leaders.
Meals: Breakfast, hot lunch and dinner are all served in the hotel.
Europe Price Package:
- Return travel by air or coach
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air
- Or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
Includes full-board accommodation, lift pass, 5 or 6 days ski tuition, skis boots, poles and helmet, dedicated resort representative service, fully comprehensive travel insurance and 24 hour emergency service.
The Equity Ski Europe package in detail:
- Return travel by Air or Coach (Air packages include coach to airport from school and overseas coach transfers)
- All security charges, airport and local taxes
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
- Full-board accommodation
- Dedicated resort representative service
- Evening entertainment programme (optional)
- Full use of your coach in resort (coach groups only and subject to EU drivers hours regulations)
Ski Pack Inclusions...
- Lift-pass. Supplements are payable for extension areas in some resorts
- 5 or 6 days of ski tuition (minimum 4 hours per day. Additional tuition is available for a supplement)
- Skis, boots and poles
- 24 hour emergency service
- All travel documentation, luggage labels and resort information
- Personalised customer service throughout from your knowledgeable tour coordinator
Fully comprehensive travel insurance (optional) includes:
- Ski breakage insurance
- Snow guarantee insurance
- Travel delay assistance
Extras to budget for...
- Evening entertainments
Les Orres is often referred to as the 'Nice of the Alps' as it receives on average 300 day of sunshine each year.
Jade, Equity Ski Specialist