Home to three main villages and the historic town of Briançon, the Serre Chevalier Valley is an exciting ski area for schools. With direct slope access, our hotel sits in the calm and picturesque village of Chantemerle. Easy for students to explore, the sunny ski area stretches above the hotel, with interconnecting ski areas. Chantemerle is a small and safe traditional ski village with shops, restaurants and bars all at the bottom of the famous Luc Alphand ski run.
Once they’ve kicked off their ski boots, your group have a choice of après activities: there’s a bowling alley, village centre and thermal baths at Monetier or historic streets at Briançon to discover.
The fifth biggest ski resort in France, Serre Chevalier has something for everyone. Beginners have plenty of scope, with nursery slopes at mid-station to gain confidence on as well as easy greens at altitude, meaning they can ski the whole mountain. Fast lifts or shuttle buses connect each ski area and village. A third of the ski area is tree-lined, making navigation easier even when it’s snowing.
Intermediates love the sense of travel as they whizz around the sunny slopes, taking the lead from their instructors to push their skiing to the next level.
Km of piste
Direction of slopes
North and Northwest
No of lifts
Yes. €3 deposit
No of runs
17 25 32 15
575 snow cannons
Serre Chevalier Valley
Doctor in resort, nearest hospital in Briançon (20km)
Approx 2 hours from Turin
Approx 2.5 hours from Grenoble
Approx 14 hours from Calais
- 250km of piste
- Central location in the heart of the famous resort of Serre Chevalier
- Fantastic communal areas including a sun terrace
- Dedicated Club Customer Service staff
- Free WiFi access in all communal areas for party leaders
The hotel is ideally situated on a quiet cul-de-sac in Serre Chevalier Chantermerle, next door to the brand new telecabine ratier lift, which will take you to the main ski area - excellent for beginner skiers as they are able to get up the mountain and back down in safety. The ski area of Serre Chevalier is a bit of a hidden secret. Regularly rated in the top 10 in Europe, it has a superb mix of high alpine motorway skiing, tree runs, gentle plateaus as well as Olympic standard pistes. Entertainment including a bowling alley, ice rink, local shops, restaurants and bars are all conveniently within 5-10 mins walking distance from the Club.
Bedrooms are located across three floors and all have full en-suite facilities. The majority of rooms accommodate 3-6 students. Adults are accommodated in twin, double or triple rooms. We strive to ensure that individual groups are roomed close together, making supervision much easier. The hotel facilities include a large reception, dining and relaxing lounge area with a private bar and a sun terrace overlooking the Luc Alphand piste and the ski area.
Breakfast: Your buffet breakfast includes cereal, croissants, breads, cold meats and cheeses and a selection of jams.
Lunch: Lunch is a buffet or two courses, perhaps soup or pasts followed by dessert, cheese or fruit.
Dinner: Three courses consisting of a starter, main and dessert.
- Central location
- Close to the gondola
Situated in the heart of Chantemerle in the older part of town, close to the slopes, the well-maintained Maison Familiale Le Prorel is ideal for groups.
Location: Just a short walk to the gondola (approx 150m), the hotel is situated on a lovely picturesque street.
Facilities: A bar with beautiful views of the Prorel mountains and separate restaurant. There is WiFi throughout the accommodation and also a large disco room.
Accommodation: Most rooms have en-suite bathrooms. There are also some apartment style rooms, where two rooms share a bathroom
Meals: Buffet breakfast, hot lunch with possibility of packed lunch and a three course evening dinner.
- Thermal spa baths
Ski Fit and Storage:
Ski fit takes place at the hotel with our in-house ski technician. All of our technicians are Salomon qualified and will ensure each member of your group gets the right fit. There is a locker for every bedroom. Helmet hire is included free of charge.
Our Clubs offer 24 hour assistance from our English speaking staff and benefit from having a night porter to assist staff with any issues or enquiries.
Europe Price Package:
All Equity packages are tailor-made to suit the needs of our groups. Here are our standard package inclusions:
- Return travel by air or coach
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air
- Or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
Includes full-board accommodation, lift pass, 5 or 6 days ski tuition, skis boots, poles and helmet, dedicated resort representative service, fully comprehensive travel insurance and 24 hour emergency service.
The Equity Ski Europe package in detail:
- Return travel by Air or Coach (Air packages include overseas airport transfer. Coach to UK airport from school is available as an optional extra.)
- All security charges, airport and local taxes
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
- Full-board accommodation
- Dedicated resort representative service
- Evening entertainment programme (optional)
- Full use of your coach in resort (coach groups only and subject to EU drivers hours regulations)
Ski Pack Inclusions...
- Lift-pass. Supplements are payable for extension areas in some resorts
- 5 or 6 days of ski tuition (minimum 4 hours per day. Additional tuition is available for a supplement)
- Skis, boots and poles
- 24 hour emergency service
- All travel documentation, luggage labels and resort information
- Personalised customer service throughout from your knowledgeable tour coordinator
Fully comprehensive travel insurance (optional) includes:
- Ski breakage insurance
- Snow guarantee insurance
- Travel delay assistance
Extras to budget for...
- Evening entertainments
Excellent skiing, convenient location. Lots of well groomed piste.
Party Leader, Serre Chevalier, 2016