A resort with a World Cup slalom course, Piancavallo is a great place to inspire your students. School groups love the small town feel and friendly atmosphere of this well-equipped village and, off the slopes, there’s an indoor ice-rink and authentic Italian pizza to tuck into.
Thanks to extensive snowmaking, good conditions are normally assured for most of the winter right back to resort level, whilst the pistes are easily accessible thanks to a good lift system. Piancavallo was one of the first European resorts to offer a snow guarantee, thanks to the installation of 40 snow cannons. The resort is particularly suited to mixed ability groups, due to the variety of skiing on offer.
With pistes fanning out from the village centre, access to the slopes is easy. For the final wow factor, your pupils can look forward to stunning views from the ski lifts, with dramatic panoramas of the Venetian coast.
Magic carpet lifts give beginners easy access to the nursery slopes, where they can master their snow ploughs before trying them out on the blues. The resort’s gentle gradients mean that the red runs here are unintimidating, so improvers and intermediates have a fantastic range of pistes to hone their skills on.
You can always find your group on the slopes in this small resort, it is as if you have your own private mountain.
Km of piste
Direction of slopes
East and Southeast
No of lifts
Yes. €5 deposit
No of runs
4 9 11 3
Doctors in resort, hospital in Pordenone (30km)
Approx 3 hours from Verona
Approx 19 hours from Calais
- Excellent hotel facilities
- Close to the ski-school meeting point
An excellent hotel for school groups within easy access of both the lifts and the resort amenities.
Location: Hotel Regina is ideally situated in the centre of the resort, close to the ski-school meeting point and just 300m from the lifts.
Facilities: The Regina boasts a large restaurant, a bar and music lounge with fireplace and an American bar. There is also a meeting room, which is available for evening entertainments.
Accommodation: Smart bedrooms accommodate 2-5 pupils and all have private facilities.
Meals: Continental breakfast, hot lunch and cooked dinner are served in the hotel dining room.
- Indoor Ice-skating
Europe Price Package:
All Equity packages are tailor-made to suit the needs of our groups. Here are our standard package inclusions:
- Return travel by air or coach
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air
- Or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
Includes full-board accommodation, lift pass, 5 or 6 days ski tuition, skis boots, poles and helmet, dedicated resort representative service, fully comprehensive travel insurance and 24 hour emergency service.
The Equity Ski Europe package in detail:
- Return travel by Air or Coach (Air packages include overseas airport transfer. Coach to UK airport from school is available as an optional extra.)
- All security charges, airport and local taxes
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
- Full-board accommodation
- Dedicated resort representative service
- Evening entertainment programme (optional)
- Full use of your coach in resort (coach groups only and subject to EU drivers hours regulations)
Ski Pack Inclusions...
- Lift-pass. Supplements are payable for extension areas in some resorts
- 5 or 6 days of ski tuition (minimum 4 hours per day. Additional tuition is available for a supplement)
- Skis, boots and poles
- 24 hour emergency service
- All travel documentation, luggage labels and resort information
- Personalised customer service throughout from your knowledgeable tour coordinator
Fully comprehensive travel insurance (optional) includes:
- Ski breakage insurance
- Snow guarantee insurance
- Travel delay assistance
Extras to budget for...
- Evening entertainments
Thanks to extensive snowmaking, good conditions are normally assured for most of the winter right back to resort level.