Europe’s highest Alpine town Briançon is known for its maze of medieval streets, friendly atmosphere and World Heritage landmarks. Distinct from other ski resorts, this working town has a local theatre, choice of cinemas and several museums – one specialising in ski history. France’s first ski school was established here in 1902 and the ancient old town is a historic place for students to explore, with its sundials, cobbled streets and UNESCO-listed walls.
After a day on the slopes, there’s plenty to keep your group entertained. Students love the waterfalls and slides at the indoor fun pool, or you could cheer on a team at the local ice-hockey rink. There’s also sightseeing and shopping in the town itself, plus a choice of in-house activities, from group games and discos to relaxing film nights.
Briançon’s ski area sits in a south-facing valley beneath stunning peaks in the Ecrins National Park. Set at the far end of the Serre Chevalier piste network, it has a reputation for sunny weather. Perfect for beginners and intermediates, there are easy greens to practice your turns on, while the challenging ‘Vauban’ red run brings confident skiers all the way back into town.
At higher altitude, the views are breathtaking and, with greens and blues above the tree line, even beginners can enjoy the best scenery. Lower down, tree-lined slopes meander through a beautiful, protected forest area.
Km of piste
Direction of slopes
North and Northeast & East
No of lifts
Yes. €3 deposit.
No of runs
17 25 32 15
575 snow cannons
Serre Chevalier Valley
Doctor & Hospital in resort,
Approx 2 hours from Turin
Approx 2.5 hours from Grenoble
Approx 15 hours from Calais
- High quality accommodation
- Easy access to historical town of Briancon
This modern and stylish 4 star property has easy access to the huge ski area of Serre Chevalier, while staying in the heart of the picturesque, town of Briancon.
Capacity: 69 rooms, 150 people approx
Location: 300m from Prorel gondola, in city center of Briancon.
Facilities:Restaurant, small pool/whirlpool (for teachers only). Function room. Free WIFI.
Accommodation: The hotel offers twins, triples and quad rooms, all with full facilities, satellite TV and WIFI in rooms.
Meals: Buffet brunch menu available until 1pm, from which they make their own packed lunches. Buffet dinner (or can be plated if preferred) with limited wine included for adults.
Important notes: A 30 euros refundable damage deposit per passenger may be required. Start of stay and end of stay cleaning included and one housekeeping mid week service (to include towel change). Towels provided.
- Good value accommodation
- Great facilities for groups
Purpose-built facility with a convenient base for exploring evening entertainments. There are several function rooms so groups have plenty of space to relax in the evenings. The main gondola is only a 5 to 10 minute coach journey away.
Capacity: 42 rooms, 124 beds
Location: Outskirts of Briancon. 1.7km from Prorel gondola.
Facilities:Spacious restaurant. 3 function rooms/spaces – one of which has ping pong table and table football and one large meeting room with DVD player/screen. One further meeting room.
Accommodation: The accommodation is spread over two different blocks. Most rooms sleep between 2 and 5 people, all with private facilities. There are also some apartment style rooms where two rooms share a bathroom.
Meals: Self-service continental breakfast, packed or hot lunch and 3 course evening meal. Hot lunch at mountain restaurant also possible (at a supplement).
Important notes: Towels are not provided in this accommodation. For coach groups, on last day shower facilities will be provided in the gym area.
- Ice Hockey Match
- Medieval Town Visit
Europe Price Package:
All Equity packages are tailor-made to suit the needs of our groups. Here are our standard package inclusions:
- Return travel by air or coach
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air
- Or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
Includes full-board accommodation, lift pass, 5 or 6 days ski tuition, skis boots, poles and helmet, dedicated resort representative service and 24 hour emergency service.
The Equity Ski Europe package in detail:
- Return travel by Air or Coach (Air packages include overseas airport transfer. Coach to UK airport from school is available as an optional extra.)
- All security charges, airport and local taxes
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
- Full-board accommodation
- Dedicated resort representative service
- Evening entertainment programme (optional)
- Full use of your coach in resort (coach groups only and subject to EU drivers hours regulations)
Ski Pack Inclusions...
- Lift-pass. Supplements are payable for extension areas in some resorts
- 5 or 6 days of ski tuition (minimum 4 hours per day. Additional tuition is available for a supplement)
- Skis, boots and poles
- 24 hour emergency service
- All travel documentation, luggage labels and resort information
- Personalised customer service throughout from your knowledgeable tour coordinator
Extras to budget for...
- Evening entertainments
I have just come back from a fabulous week in Alpe D'Huez. Our first trip with Equity has been a huge success! The reps and hotel staff could not have been any more helpful - including telling us where we should go next year.
Source: Ms Spiers, Party Leader
OTHER FRENCH SCHOOL SKI TRIPS