Val Cenis is a high quality resort in the Maurienne Valley that offers varied skiing with excellent opportunities for beginners and intermediate skiers. The skiing is accessed from several traditional villages (Lanslevillard, Lanslebourg and Termignon) along the valley.
The majority of slopes are gentle, which allows for good progression, plus this a quieter ski resort with less queuing, so your group will benefit from longer time on the mountain improving their skills throughout the week.
Photos courtesy of Val Cenis Tourist Office
There are long, well-groomed blue runs, open bowls and tree-lined runs. There are some challenging reds and blacks too for the more advanced skiers. Many slopes are north facing, meaning good late season snow conditions and the fact the resort is quiet means snow conditions last longer than elsewhere.
Very advanced and adventurous skiers can also upgrade to the Eski-Mo ski pass which covers 1 day in Valfrejus, Aussois, La Norma, and Bonneval (resorts are not linked, free ski bus available).
Km of piste
Direction of slopes
No of lifts
No of runs
9 18 23 5
180 snow cannons
Cabinet Medicale Val Cenis
Approx 2 hours from Turin
CIS Ethic Etapes Val Cenis
- Easy access to skiing
- Spacious accommodation
Fantastic, spacious group accommodation, offering plenty of communal areas and easy access to skiing
Location: Located about a 10 minute walk from Lanslebourg, 200m from ski school meeting point. Groups can ski back to accommodation on a green cat track.
Facilities: Lounge, library, meeting rooms, disco room (in separate chalet), classrooms. There is a health suite for use by teachers only (hammam, jacuzzi and gym). .
Accommodation: 350 bed ‘eco-friendly’ holiday village with a variety of accommodation options. Some rooms have been refurbished for 20/21 season. Most rooms have shared facilities, with teacher’s benefiting from en suite rooms. There are also options to stay in apartments and rooms with en suite facilities at certain periods of the year.
Meals: Full board which includes breakfast, lunch and 3 course evening meal. Afternoon snack is also included.
Europe Price Package:
All Equity packages are tailor-made to suit the needs of our groups. Here are our standard package inclusions:
- Return travel by air or coach
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air
- Or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
Includes full-board accommodation, lift pass, 5 or 6 days ski tuition, skis boots, poles and helmet, dedicated resort representative service, fully comprehensive travel insurance and 24 hour emergency service.
The Equity Ski Europe package in detail:
- Return travel by Air or Coach (Air packages include overseas airport transfer. Coach to UK airport from school is available as an optional extra.)
- All security charges, airport and local taxes
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
- Full-board accommodation
- Dedicated resort representative service
- Evening entertainment programme (optional)
- Full use of your coach in resort (coach groups only and subject to EU drivers hours regulations)
Ski Pack Inclusions...
- Lift-pass. Supplements are payable for extension areas in some resorts
- 5 or 6 days of ski tuition (minimum 4 hours per day. Additional tuition is available for a supplement)
- Skis, boots and poles
- 24 hour emergency service
- All travel documentation, luggage labels and resort information
- Personalised customer service throughout from your knowledgeable tour coordinator
Extras to budget for...
- Evening entertainments
...and we are off! Beautiful Morning! Happy kids…Beginners nailed the first day :)
Source: Mrs C Waldock, Party Leader
OTHER FRENCH SCHOOL SKI TRIPS